Joey Eaton Centre

December 24, 2011



The best bellini! It was fruity and fresh with just the right amount of sweetness and peach flavour and a perfect mix of slush and liquid. It wasn't strong, but the alcohol effects were felt later. Nice presentation and icy peach to top it off.



Appetizer: Ahi Tuna Tacos. These were delicious. The tuna was soft and paired perfectly with the fragrant sesame seeds and sauce. The coleslaw was fresh and gave it a crunchy texture along with the taco shell. I couldn't taste the wasabi aioli though; it was fine without it.



Because we were too busy chatting, our main dishes got a bit cold. However, the yam frites were great - crispier than Moxie's. The bread was buttery and crispy and probably would've tasted better hot. The cheese was good but I couldn't taste the lobster. I think the sandwich tasted better without the cocktail sauce.



Had a taste of the steak and the peppercorn rub was good and potatoes were very soft. The mashed potatoes were good but I didn't like the fried wrapping.

Overall, I'm glad I finally got to try Joey. It was smart that they split the bill for us (main, drink + half appetizer) and my total came to $33. For a grilled cheese sandwich, it is overpriced but worth it to try the food and environment. Joey Eaton Centre on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments