Summerlicious @ Archeo

July 21, 2012

Italian
$15 Summerlicious lunch



I had only planned one Summerlicious this year, but my co-worker organized a Summerlicious lunch at Archeo on Thursday. It was my first time at the Distillery District. The interior of Archeo is like a big, open concept urban cabin. 

To start, we enjoyed complementary bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. For the appetizer, I had the Daily Soup - pear and ginger puree - warm, slightly creamy and slightly sour, sort of like a squash soup. 

Entree: Mushroom and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza with Arugula and Truffle Oil
The thin crust was really good - soft inside, crisp around the edges. I liked the combination of sea salt, cheese and truffle oil -  very flavorful and fragrant - but may be overwhelming after a while. Quite a large portion.

Dessert: Maple Whiskey Bourbon Panna Cotta
The whiskey/bourbon flavor was definitely present, but I expected the texture to be more smooth and creamy. As much as I like dark chocolate, the shell was a bit too much for me. I didn't eat the caramel sauce either.

Dessert: Sorbet (Raspberry, Mango, Lime)
Fresh and light to end the meal. Sour and tangy raspberry, sweet mango.


Archeo Trattoria on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments