Hokkaido Ramen Santouka

November 21, 2012

A lot of hype surrounding this new ramen joint from Japan. Arrived at 5:30pm Monday with no line up, but by 6, the line was already out the door!
 

Shio Ramen (Salt) $10.95
Shio is their signature ramen that's described as mild and creamy. You can choose the hardness of noodle, amount of lard and amount of salt. I chose less lard, but it was still quite rich and very creamy. It tastes like 豬骨湯出前一丁 Tonkotsu flavor instant noodle. Noodles were thin and relatively soft; I actually prefer more bite and springiness, so if I come back I will order harder noodles. Nothing special with the pork; two pieces seemed too little. The bowls are pretty small, but for me it was a good portion.

Kara Miso, $11.95
This broth was pretty good - creamy and spicy (but not too spicy).

Verdict: Good ramen, but I can't say it's the best.
Friendly service. They take orders on iPhone or similar device.

Side note: Mom thinks 豚王 in Hong Kong is much better.. must try that when I go back.



Santouka Ramen on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments