Rodney's Oyster House

December 23, 2013


After a fun time at Ripley's Aquarium, we ventured to Rodney's for oysters around 9pm :D I forgot how much I love oysters until I had my first bite~ We started off with two dozen oysters for four people. The variety the server got us was great. My favorite was the PEI Boughton Bay Prince - perfect size, not too meaty, not too flat, and good flavor that's not too salty. The server also recommended a fantastic dark beer - Neustadt 10w30 ale - dark, roasty, not bitter, smooth. I am a Corona drinker and tend to stay away from dark beer but this was the best I've had! So tasty!






For main, we shared a Scallop Pasta ($21) which they kindly split into two portions for us. I like rose sauce, but this was too sour. The pasta was al dente and bland but the scallops were good and had eight pieces total.


We also got a Pan Fried Oysters - I could smell the oil.. nice crisp panko breading with mayo. Tried one mussel and it's pretty meaty in a good tomato sauce. Pretty good deal - 30+ pieces for $14.

We ended off with another dozen of oysters. Total bill was ~$60 per person. Steep price, but worth trying. The service was good and atmosphere is loud with a good music selection.

You Might Also Like

0 comments