Seven Lives Tacos y Mariscos

September 16, 2014

IMG_2354

One of the food stops this summer was Seven Lives, a taco place specializing in So-Cal/Baja Style seafood in Kensington Market. The shop is really small with only one table with seating and some standing area. Tacos are $5 each (tax included!) and each are wrapped in two soft corn shells (gritty texture).  They also have 3 levels of house made hot sauce and some housemade drinks.

IMG_2352

Baja Fish - battered & deep fried mahi mahi with house sauce
- Crispy and light batter, but inside could be softer
- Very flavorful wtih the creamy house sauce , onions and tomatoes

Blackened Mahi Mahi - grilled with a dry rub of spices
- too dry for my liking,  but I liked the guac and tomatoes

IMG_2351

Gobernador - smoked tuna, shrimp, cheese
- shrimp was a bit bland and I didn't like the texture of the tuna (like canned tuna)

Pulpo Enojado - spicy grilled octopus
- my favorite out of the 4. I loved the texture of the bite size octopus pieces - just so perfectly soft and quite spicy for me!

Overall great cheap eats, can probably be full off 1-2 tacos. I would recommend the Baja Fish and Octopus taco!!

 

Seven Lives on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments