Miku

January 19, 2016

Miku Waterfront Platter ($96) 
chef's selection of sashimi, fresh oysters, oyster shooter, mussels, jumbo prawns, kaisen poke, scallop ceviche, kale gomaae
Aburi Sushi Sampler
AAA Sterling Silver Prime Rib



 Pork Belly with Seared Sweetbreads

With all the hype surrounding this Japanese fine-dining restaurant from Vancouver, I went to try Miku back in November for a birthday celebration. The contemporary, upscale space is very nice with high ceilings and fits right in at RBC Waterpark Place. The seafood platter serves 4 and includes a variety of cold seafood with different marinades, but I ended up liking the oysters the most. Famous for the flame-seared aburi sushi, this was not too special for me, and I'm not too big on pressed sushi. The prime rib was pretty good; the mashed potato super creamy and heavy. I liked the roasted grapes with the pork belly. Overall with drinks the bill came to $100 per person. Don't think I would come again but these days people are really willing to spend on Japanese fine dining!

*Edit: I did end up coming again and it was delicious!

Miku Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments