Menami

April 04, 2016

Mentaiko Cream Sauce Udon

Seafood Yaki Udon

Spicy Seafood Soup - later added udon for +$1 or $2

Albacore Tuna Tataki

Corn Kakiage

Salmon Cream Sauce Udon

I had the Salmon Cream Sauce Udon - salmon just barely cooked (like sous vide), pretty good, and I liked the cream sauce. Honestly I don't taste much difference from regular frozen udon, but this udon is more soft and less chewy. 

The Mentaiko Udon and Albacore Tuna Tataki were good and I liked the watercress in the spicy seafood soup. Yaki udon very flavorful sauce as well. Also tried the popular corn kakiage which tastes like it sounds - deep fried battered sweet corn - nothing mind-blowing. 


The food was good (albeit pricey ~$20 pp), but unfortunately we were greeted by some unpleasant service. We were late for our reservation so when we arrived, we were told our table had been given away. When asked why we weren't phoned, she replied 'we don't phone because we trust our customers.' -- then why do you need my number in the first place? Fair enough, we were late and luckily still had a table, albeit very cramped for 5 people, but it was unnecessary to be treated with attitude. (And how long do restaurants keep reserved tables for until it's deemed 'late' and able to be given away?) I'm just disappointed because of all the hype and advertising on Instagram to be treated this way. I don't want to do more PR for them but overall I did like the food, but I wouldn't return.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

MeNami Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments