Ichiban Fish House

March 04, 2012

Combo 1 ($11.99)
Haven't been to this place in a while. The salmon and tuna sashimi was quite fresh and flavorful. I like how they give a bit of each type - sashimi, sushi and California rolls. Sometimes they also give spicy salmon and salmon rolls instead of all California.

Tonkastu bento ($8.99)
Both the tempura and tonkatsu were quite dark in color. The pork coating was crispy but the meat itself was a very thin piece.

I've always thought Japanese food is the healthiest choice when dining out - light, fresh, Omega 3s, low in fat and not oily. I also thought it's relatively low in calories - how much could a few pieces of fish be? After doing some research, here's what I found:

California Roll (6 pieces): 255

Nigri (per piece)
Tuna (Bluefin): 50
Salmon: 56
White Tuna (Albacore): 56

Sashimi (per piece)
Salmon: 52
Tuna: 40
White Tuna: 49

Miso Soup: 40-50
Green Tea Ice Cream: 140
Pumpkin Tempura: 56 (medium size)

So according to the above, my lunch meal was over 1000 calories!! It really adds up (especially since I'm trying to lose weight right now). I wonder how this compares to other lunch combos such as baked rice at Hong Kong style cafes or any noodle/rice dishes... Regardless, I still love sushi and it was a nice meal to have after a difficult midterm. Ichiban quality of sashimi and rolls is pretty good. Also try their grilled mackerel!

You Might Also Like

0 comments