Summerlicious @ Luma

July 30, 2013

350 King St W, TIFF Bell Lightbox
Canadian/Contemporary
O&B
Lunch $20

July 19 2013

ALBACORE TUNA SASHIMI wasabi oil, melon, cucumber and shiso
Luma was my only Summerlicious this year 'cause all the other ones I wanted were full and this one seemed close to work for lunch. Definitely a lot more casual and louder than the other O&B ones I've been to.  Tuna sashimi was soft but warm. 



CHILLED SWEET CORN + ONION SOUP chili oil and basil
Surprisingly very refreshing sweet corn taste! Personally don't like cold soups.. I think this would taste good served hot as well.

SLOW COOKED LAMB SHOULDER pesto couscous, piperade and toasted pine nuts
I don't like couscous but I ordered this 'cause I like pesto and pine nuts! The sauce was pretty good.. pesto for couscous and tomato sauce with onions/red peppers for the lamb shoulder. Lamb shoulder was tender but I prefer texture of lamb chop/steak cut.

MUSHROOM + RICOTTA LASAGNA peas and pecorino cream
Love the smell of oyster mushrooms with the cream!  So earthy paired with the ricotta.. Quite heavy afterwards but pretty good.

COCONUT MILK + LEMONGRASS PANA COTTA pineapple, passion fruit and mint

This was my favorite course of the three. Pana cotta was so soft, silky smooth!! So milky with a hit of citrus.. and all the concentrated lemongrass flavor sitting at the bottom.

LAVENDER PEACH cornbread and verbena

Cornbread was dry and hard..

Overall I'd say the Mains and Pana Cotta were the best prepared..
After this lunch.. food journey continues to Magnum Pleasure Store & Butter Avenue!





Luma on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments