JaBistro

October 10, 2013


Birthday dinner #3 at JaBistro. It was definitely well worth it :) When I first walked in I was a bit taken aback - it was quiet and modern, like a cozy cave/underground exclusive bar... Food, ambiance, presentation and service were all great at this upscale Japanese restaurant by Guu owners.

Yukke - angus beef tartar, gochujang, quail egg, nori seaweed
Started off with beef tartare. (Of course I love wood serving boards!) This was a bit spicy with some Korean flavor, served with sprouts and seaweed. M & B loved it.


Next came the sashimi platter - love the artistic presentation on this slate(?) serving plate. Good variety of fish - my favorite was the amberjack. The tuna was very fatty & melty too. Some unique items - fish jerky (bottom right), deep fried fish bone (long piece holding up the amberjack and fish roe) and fish scales.

If I remember correctly: Blue Fin Tuna, Amberjack, Yellowtail, some Tuna, Pike fish (milder version mackerel), another part of Amberjack, Kobe Beef, Flounder, Tuna Otoro, Octopus, Squid, Uni
Now for some bright pictures taken with Canon by B...  I tried the pike and amberjack. All look super fresh and delicious! Server was very nice in introducing all the fish names; I tried my best to note it all down!


JaBistroll - salmon, snow crab, uni, tobiko / Aburicious - 2 each ebi, salmon, saba, JaBistroll
Blow torch sushi was more about the presentation; the fish was okay and I felt there was too much rice. The JaBistroll was very filling ("lau"). Thought the creaminess was some mayo sauce but then I realized it's the Uni!! Still pretty good with the fish roe on the outside, a good combination of textures.



My favorite of the night - Amberjack fish head!! Fish was so soft and delicious. 



For dessert I got the parfait and who knew cornflakes could be this delicious! The tiramisu was surprisingly good as well. 


And to end the meal - dark chocolate truffles

Overall: Service was friendly, love the quiet ambiance and presentation of food.

I'm happy I finally tried JaBistro and for my birthday 'cause it's really a great place for special occasion that has both good environment and taste.. and of course with good company.

JaBistro on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments