Diana's Oyster Bar & Grill

September 21, 2013


Calamari / Clockwise: Cherrystone Clam, Kumamoto, Shigoku oysters (I think? ><) / Swordfish / Tuna tartare
I don't always celebrate my birthday, but when I do, I eat eat eat all week. After Moxie's dinner with K & M on the Tuesday, I had Dinner #2 at Diana's 'cause I wanted to try raw Cherrystone clams. They were pretty large and chewy, not bad but I prefer my at-home BBQ version which brings out the sea water flavor. 

For oysters, we got Kumamoto, Shigoku (small yet meaty with a bite, not salty) and Lucky Lime (salty, flat). (Actually I have a suspicion that they may have mixed up the kumamoto and shigoku 'cause kumamoto are the really tiny ones..) The server was really nice and explained all the different types of oysters (East vs. West coast.. too bad I forgot everything!)

The calamari was soft inside and perfectly cooked with a really light, crisp coating. We even asked what they used and the server told us it's just flour... Tuna tartare wasn't that great. 

For the main, I had a bit of Swordfish which is a thick white fish. The salty coating really added flavor and it was nicely cooked. I also liked the cold rice pilaf with a mix of quinoa, lentils and other healthy seeds/grains.  Tempted by my friend's main, I added a side of three shrimp and three scallops 'cause they looked really big, but looking back def way overpriced at $24.




Instead of dessert, we went for round 2 - Pacific Tiger (large, good) and Kusshi.

This dinner was a good way to try out different types of oysters - my fav of the night was Shigoku and it was an enjoyable night with friends. BUT it was extremely expensive (for me $70) so I will be sticking to oysters and seafood at home (or maybe the $1 oyster specials).


Diana's Oyster Bar on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments