Donburi

March 22, 2014

 
 
 


 


Tried this Donburi place recommended by my sister and it was pretty good! The restaurant is pretty spacious and clean. I love the red/white/light wood theme and the cute menu. We each ordered a lunch combo and the miso soup to start was pretty good. I had the gyuu don - thin beef with onions and the special sauce. Love the beef (not overcooked or dry) and overall flavor is very subtle. Could use more sauce at the bottom so I just added soy sauce when I got half way. B's Katsu Don - liked the egg and sauce as well. Pork cutlet is ok but has a slight 'oil' taste on the batter. We got 2 Pork Toro - the thinnest pork skewer I've had, but I liked the fatty/oil flavor. Wasabi chicken was alright; I liked the Mentai Chicken more - topped with the spicy roe, good flavor and texture. Def a good place for lunch with lots of donburi, udon and 'japas'/skewers.

You Might Also Like

0 comments