Frita Batidos

March 12, 2016


Frita Batidos is a Cuban inspired fast-casual restaurant serving up Fritas (Cuban burgers) and Batidos (milkshakes), as well as sides (fries, rice, fried plantains) and alcoholic drinks. "Stark white walls and communal picnic table seating" give it a casual beach-side feel that reminds me of those fish and chip places in Sydney. There are dominoes at the table to play while waiting, as in Miami where the Cubans play dominoes.

This was my first time having Cuban food and it was delicious. The Chorizo Frita was so flavorful and juicy without being greasy, served with fries on a soft egg bun. We shared garlic cilantro fries which was packed with garlic and cilantro flavor along with a garlic aioli. This type of shoestring fries is chewy/tough to bite which is not my personal favorite, but my sister likes it. I had the Coconut Cream Batido and to my surprise it was full of coconut flavor and real coconut bits, not artificial tasting or overly sweet. 

All in all a great itis-inducing meal that ended up to be ~$15/person. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments