Delicious Omakase @ Yasu

November 24, 2016



Omakase - $80/person

I had heard mixed reviews on Yasu, but I am pleased to say I thoroughly enjoyed the omakase experience. Sitting at the sushi bar watching the three chefs was a special and interesting experience. We started with shrimp head and enjoyed a variety of 18 pieces sushi from all around the world + black sesame ice cream. My favorites were the Stripe Jack (melt in your mouth! so interesting), Smoked Bonito (think that was the name?) and the tamago that tastes and looks like cake - super soft and fluffy; never had anything like it.



It is recommended to eat the sushi in one bite and they don't serve it with soy sauce so it's definitely a different experience. Some say it's overpriced and of course you can get good quality sushi at a fraction of the price, but I would recommend it for overall experience and quality with some pieces that did give me a 'wow' factor - I really could taste the difference. Although our chef did not really smile, the others looked happy and conversed with the patrons. An intimate setting recommended for dates/groups of two. (I sat at the main floor bar but I believe there are more tables upstairs).

Recommended for: foodies who appreciate the fine art of sushi and the experience

You Might Also Like

0 comments