Hong Kong 2016 | Breakfast Series

November 02, 2016

Having the time for breakfast is a luxury. We were so happy to start each day with a full breakfast. This time I stayed in Central, where the options are a plenty so we got to eat something different each day.

1. Café de Coral 




No trip to HK is complete without CDC. You may laugh but I just love to start my trip with their coffee, fish filet and scrambled eggs. The combinations are endless!

2. Honolulu Café  檀島 (and any other 茶餐廳)



Another staple is the HK style cafe which I never put much thought into, but upon returning to CA, I realized even the most random place is better than here. Wanted something more filling before hiking so I opted for macaroni with shredded chicken (rare combo!), sunny side up eggs and a soft bun. We also shared the classic pineapple bun with butter. 

3. Tomato Beef Macaroni 茄牛通 @ 勝香園




I’ve passed by this place the last few times I was in HK but never tried ‘cause of the long line and I’m not a big fan of macaroni. Thanks to my friend for bringing us here – pleasantly surprised!! The macaroni is different from the usual – thicker and slightly chewy, in a thick, flavorful tomato soup. Can even order half portion! The milk tea and condensed milk bun were good too.


4. Old style Dim Sum @ 蓮香樓




馬拉糕 cravings satisfied! Nothing glamorous, just good dim sum with classics such as Quail Egg Siu Mai that are very rare to find nowadays.

How to dine at Lin Heung: 
1.       Find your own seat, likely with others
2.       Tea: tea pot or individual
3.       Wait for staff to wash the tableware
4.       Fight for food: get up and find what you want; maybe even venture into the kitchen 


5.      McDonalds & Congee – Egg McMuffin is always soft & better in HK and good for a quick option. Congee is another must-have and a good conclusion to our short & sweet HK stay.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. In your opinion, which cafe in Toronto best represents the HK breakfast food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really eat breakfast anymore, but I like New City and Goldsor breakfast. Thanks for reading!

      Delete