Jacobs & Co

November 30, 2017

Red Top Farms Wagyu ($270)– MO, USA, Bone in Striploin 18oz
Cooked medium rare, this was very soft, yet too salty for my liking.


Complimentary Cheese Popovers 
My favourite item of the night!  Fresh & hot, the outside is a little hard but the middle is soft bread. 

Jacobs Caesar Salad  ($19) – +$3 add white anchovy
This was good, I liked the anchovies and the spicy kick from the Tabasco. Big chunks of real bacon. Prepared table side, but I felt it was redundant because there was no introduction or interaction between us and the server. I noticed this was not the case with other tables though.

Beef Tartare – anchovy, caper, egg yolk, truffle oil
Possibly the least appetizing presentation of beef tartare I've had. The toasts were super hard. I found the meat paired better with the lettuce - this was easier to eat and brought out the beef flavor more, though I couldn't taste the truffle oil.

Seasonings for the steak

Creamed Spinach – Grana Padano, cream, nutmeg, half portion
I like how you can order half portion for the sides. Pretty good - the spinach is more on the raw side vs. very cooked & creamy. 

Complimentary whisky-filled chocolates

Muffins to take home

Price: $400 for 2

Finally tried the famous Jacobs back in October. It was good, but not necessarily good value. Worth to try once, probably won't be back anytime soon.


You Might Also Like

0 comments