Shoushin

November 23, 2017


Date: September, Birthday Dinner
Price: $160 Omakase

Food (3/5 for Cooked; 4/5 for Sashimi): One of the courses was a deep fried scallop. I feel it's not good use of a fresh scallop; it would be better seared or raw. My favorite course was the Sashimi which included my favorite fish - Stripe Jack. Out of the sushi course, I enjoyed the Argentina Shrimp, Tuna handroll (not pictured), and Russian Uni.

Ambiance (4.5/5): I loved the space - light wood, modern and clean feel similar to the restaurants I visited in Japan. I sat at the counter and it was very comfortable and intimate. I always enjoy watching the sushi chefs. However, there was one very large fly & a smaller fly buzzing around during the meal which was a bit of a nuisance.

Overall, it was good, but I expected more. I prefer the omakase at Yasu (that egg!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments