Marcello's Pizzeria

June 03, 2012



Caprese Salad - tried a bit and I don't really like bocconcini cheese, not much flavour. 

 Pizza #5 with proscuitto, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes
- Crust is super thin
- Quite oily and I felt the cheese overpowered the other ingredients; couldn't taste the mushrooms (actually I prefer Dr. Oetker mushroom pizza...)
- Didn't like the big sundried tomatoes - chewy and salty on its own and the flavor didn't seep into the pizza. I like the thin, small slice ones more and thought that's what would be on the pizza.

 Penne A La Vodka with Pancetta and Leeks in Tomato Vodka Cream Sauce
- first time trying and I like that it was served piping hot
- However, couldn't taste the vodka in the sauce and after a while it was too salty for my taste (maybe from the pancetta)

 
Tiramisu
- Decent, I liked the cream
- sponge could've been soaked in more liquor for overall stronger flavor

The menu on the website seemed it had a lot of variety and we'd expected something along the lines of Alice Fazooli's, but it was located in a strip plaza across from Vaughan Mills, much more casual with regular tables (no booths) and really loud - louder than a Chinese restaurant. We had to wait just over an hour for a table - I think it's quite popular amongst the local Italian community. Although the bread was served cold, I did enjoy it with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Total bill came to $110 for 4 pastas, 1 pizza, 1 app, 1 tiramisu and 1 wine - relatively inexpensive for 5 people for Italian food, but I guess that's where the premium would come in for better taste and environment.

Nothing has really wowed me in a long time or maybe I just prefer Asian cuisine at local restaurants...


Marcello's Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments