London | Borough Market & the best beef pie!

July 21, 2014

 
 


It's been 2+ months since my London trip and one of the best things I ate was the beef pie from Pieminister (@Pieminister) at Borough Market (@boroughmarket). Borough Market is a food market in Southwark with local vendor food stalls serving a variety of multicultural foods as well as wholesale & retail stores selling anything from cheese to fish. (For those in Toronto - think TUM x St. Lawerence Market) The full market is only open on certain days and the location is walking distance to London Bridge & the Shard area.

Food is around 5gbp per item. We sampled paella, Moong Dal Dosa (spiced lentil crepe filled with masala potato served with a side of chickpeas - crepe was dry and thick but I liked the spiced chickpeas with pomegranate), German sausage and best of all - Moo & Blue beef pie (British beef steak & long clawson stilton pie). I never liked beef pie (or pies in general) until I had this one - flaky crust, with warm, soft, flavorful beef inside (like Guinness) ... Seriously must try!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Currently writing an article for my blog about my food tour through Paris, will maybe follow up with a London edition too if it goes well. Who said Brits don't eat well?

    ReplyDelete