Summerlicious @ Bannock

July 30, 2014

Summerlicious $15 Lunch
Canadian (New)
401 Bay St / Queen


A quick summerlicious lunch with B at yet another O&B restaurant. Didn't expect it to be so casual cafeteria style, but food was decent!


Salt Baked Beets


Salt-Baked Beets - split and sweet pea hummus, grapefruit, grenadine


Fresh, soft red & golden beets with nice presentation. Love the hummus and the kick from the grapefruit and seeds.


Roast Peameal Bacon Melt


Roast Peameal Bacon Melt - bannock sauerkraut, cheddar, smoked tomato marmalade


Bacon and flatbrad (bannock?)  was tough, but I loved the sauerkraut and tomato marmalade - the sweet and spicy combintation reminded me of kimchi! Served with taro chips - my favorite!




Bread Pudding


O&B Artisan Croissant Bread Pudding- spiced chocolate, peanut butter, kaffir lime


This was more of a dense/eggy cake,  not the moist custard-drenched bread pudding I like, but I did like the chocolate sauce.


Apple Fritters


Cortland Apple Fritter - maple and cider dulce de leche


Like giant timbits! I like the berry compote and dulce de leche.


Overall, I enjoyed my lunch here. Great Canadian classics with a twist.


Bannock on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments