Sydney | Animal Day

March 06, 2015






Day 5: Animal Day
Spent the morning at Koala Park. Usually I don't like animals but for some reason I was so fascinated to see kangaroos, wallaroos, koalas and other Australian animals. Kangaroos are smaller than I thought and they are bent over, not standing. Koalas sleep for 18+ hours a day and the reason they look so drowsy is because the eucalyptus they eat makes them look drugged. Also watched a sheep shaving demonstration, boomerang throw and the Border Collie gathering the sheep - super funny and cute.

Trivia: What two animals can only move forward, not backward?

Then we had lunch at a delicious fish and chips place before watching pelican feeding.

We had dinner at a Korean restaurant followed by dessert at Yogurberry which has much better froyo than TO! The texture is much more solid with stronger and better flavors vs. the watery ones in TO.

The next morning we visited UNSW then headed to Hamilton Island for three days before returning to Sydney to have a final reunion BBQ.

In Hamilton Island.. weather wasn't great, did not visit any picturesque beaches as advertised. I tried scuba diving which was the most terrifying experience ever. I was shaking non-stop as soon as I touched the water. I made it halfway but suddenly panicked and had trouble breathing so had to go up immediately. Maybe I wasn't deep enough so the water was very cloudy and grey without a sight of any nemos or colorful corals. Snorkeling was much easier to breathe and actually saw more fish that way.

Thank you B&D for your generosity and care, for showing us around the beautiful sunny Sydney, and for all the laughter and memories. I experienced a lot of nature and adventures that I wouldn't normally take part in. It was so surreal! <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments