Fav Cafe 鍾意坊

February 15, 2014

Hainanese Chicken Rice
Last week I tried a new hk cafe place for lunch. Very small and packed place run by young people with cool English music posters on the walls. Their menu is pretty appealing, more on the pricey side, reminds me of more Westernized items like Firefly/Dickens.

海南雞飯 4/5
Rice - flavor packed with oily & salty goodness
Chicken - average, meaty and tender
Sauces - this was the highlight for me! Ginger oil sauce, a sweet-thick soy sauce, and fresh garlic sour red sauce (too bad soup is covering in this pic) I usually just eat the ginger sauce with the rice, but this time I really love the other two sauces, so flavorful, different and fresh.




Baked Pork Chop Rice 
Of course at all new cha chaan teng, we have to try the baked pork chop rice. The sauce is sweet and different from the usual tomato sauce. However the rice tastes like it's leftover rice - soft, bland, loose, small grain.. and my dad reckons it is. Also the milk tea could have more flavor..
Verdict: Pretty good Hainanese Chicken Rice. will return to try other dishes when I'm in the area :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments