Sake Bar Kushi

February 08, 2014

Sake Bar Kushi is the latest izakaya I visited in Yonge & Eglinton area. kushi means ‘skewers’ in Japanese. Skewers are half price on Tuesday, original price from $2-$4 each.

I came here last Tuesday for dinner to celebrate my sister’s birthday. I made reservations ahead of time, requesting a booth. It was really large, love the dark wood and the privacy, but too bad it was at the end so I couldn’t see the rest of the restaurant.

Tuna tataki – my must order for izakayas. This one was a bit plain though, not much sauce.


Honey sweet potato sticks – small portion of sweet potato fries covered in honey – sweet combo


Maguro Avocado Tartar – love creamy avocado, but could not taste tuna as this dish was overpowered by the mayo overload!!





Kimchi Pork Ishiyaki Bibimbap – this was one of the better dishes I enjoyed, good kimchi flavor

Chicken Katsu Don 

Skewers - ordered sea salt flavor. Nothing really stood out to be good.

Chicken knee

Pork belly – too salty/fat

Bacon wrapped asparagus / Unagi / Shrimp / Chicken leg

Scallop – small and dry

Sister's surprise dessert - warm, moist green tea cake with green tea icecream and oreos. 

Service was very nice and gracious in true Japanese fashion. They gave an excellent surprise birthday song and complimentary dessert for my sister. 


Overall a decent dining experience but I like the skewers at Zakkushi more (and pork belly @ Fin!)

Sake Bar Kushi on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments