Magic Noodle 大塊樹

February 19, 2014

After badminton, we were in the area to try this lanzhou noodle place (兰州拉麵 ) for dinner on Saturday. There was a wait but luckily seated quickly. I was already disappointed by the rude service but the food made up for it. 


*Cash Only*

Sliced Noodle ~ Braised Pork
Wow, the pork is super flavorful. Not sure what spices, it's good but at the same time sort of tastes like the pork is spoiled (?) Broth is also flavorful albeit oily. Noodles are short, thick, chewy and doughy. To my surprise, I liked this more than my own order of hand pulled noodles!

Hand Pulled Noodle ~ Beef Broth, Beef Brisket
Noodles are cooked just right, flavorful broth with hint of parsley, but there weren't many pieces of beef brisket.



Sizzling ~ Squid Tentacles
 Not served hot enough, but I like the sauce and spices.

Lamb Skewer
Served on a metal skewer, this lamb was good and again, I like the spices. Very traditional China/night market feel. 

Verdict: Good food but poor service! Small and crowded restaurant. (The tables were so close together - I'm sorry to the people beside us for moving their table as I was trying to get out!) Total for 2 people: $21 

You Might Also Like

0 comments