Terroni (Adelaide)

February 10, 2014


 Carpaccio - always one of my favorites, this was thin and good texture



 Potato Croquettes - deep fried potato and proscuitto

The croquette was nice and hot, soft, fluffy creamy potato inside with a crisp coating. Could not taste proscuitto though. Good with the pesto sauce.




 C't Mang - white pizza with mozzerella, gorgonzola, fresh pears, walnuts, speck, honey

As per recommendations on Foursquare, I opted for this white pizza. It is a fairly light pizza. Crust is super thin, which I like, but it wasn't served hot enough. Cheese was a bit hard and not melt-y (maybe that's due to the type of cheese) and it could use more walnuts, honey and pear to make the flavors stand out more. My favorite part was the proscuitto - flavorful but not overly salty. 


 Pappardelle alla Iosa - homemade spicy sausage, button & oyster mushrooms, peas, parmagiano, evoo

Inticed by the homemade sausage, this was not what I expected - crumbled finely like minced pork and was not spicy. I like the homemade pasta itself - not too thick or thin and cooked to al dente in a light tomato oil-based sauce. 


Creme Caramel  

This was great, highlight of the night. Not too hard, not too soft - just perfect in between texture with hint of egg and caramel sweetness, topped with a sweet coffee-caramel sauce. We also ordered tiramisu but I liked this more.

Environment: A very large yet cozy, dim-light space. Pretty busy after 6pm.  Italian is usually hit-or-miss for me, but I think this one was an okay choice. 

Overall, with a glass of wine, $100 for three people. Best was potato croquette and creme caramel.



Terroni on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments