Fish Legend 沸腾鱼乡

May 07, 2015

石锅立魚 - Stone-pot Tilapia
La pièce de résistance ~ tastes better than it looks! Choice of fish (Tilapia or Catfish), spice level and add-ins. We ordered mild, which was just the right amount of spice for me, although I did feel the "麻"after eating some of the peppercorns (?). The tilapia was suprisingly really good, nice texture and flavorful. There are also tons of mung bean sprouts at the bottom!

Order add-ins for ~$1 or ~$2 each. We had napa cabbage, tofu, home made noodles and kelp. The first three were good and soaked in the soup flavor, but I didn't like the kelp. 

金沙玉米 - Corn
Looks creepy in the picture but it tastes good. Skeptical at first as to why my friend would order corn, I ended up really liking it - sweet kernels coated in salted egg yolk and sugar for a sweet treat to cut through the spice of the fish.



山城辣子鸡 - Spicy Chicken
Underneath all the chilis are pieces of fried chicken - with bone, not much meat but good salty, spicy flavor 
~ 尋找鸡鸡的故事

After picking up my first big purchase at HR, Y brought us to Fish Legend for some spicy Szechuan fish! It was a fun night of laughter and learning some Mandarin. This was my first time trying spicy fish/this type of cuisine, and I would definitely recommend it as a something exotic/different to try. There are actually two variations of this spicy fish - the stone-pot we had and the other 水煮鱼. I believe the difference is in the pot and one is more oil-based while the other is soup-based. The authentic  水煮鱼 should have a clear broth rather than bright red. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments