Inspire Restaurant

May 14, 2015

   





Came here for 8:30pm dinner for 2 on Saturday night. Tip: make reservations about a week in advance. 

Mussels Tom Yum (3/5)- not very tom yum, but pretty good coconut millk based broth, served with 2 pieces of bread to dip. 

Chicken & Waffles (4/5) - I enjoyed this. Personally I like eating waffles and chicken seperately. Waffles were good and fluffy. Chicken retained its temperature and was very hot inside; crispy skin that was well seasoned with spice, but I found it a bit too thick/clumpy. A mixture of Chinese spices and sweet sauce.... somehow it works for me. 

Udon Carbonara (2/5) - Underwhelming for me as I expected it to be more creamy and carbonara-esque. The sauce tasted like cream of mushroom and I did not find the pairing of mushrooms and spicy sausage to work that well together. The spicy sausage and pepper overpowered the dish. 

Ambience: Music was too loud - really dislike when it's a struggle for me to converse. Felt a bit cold sitting near the door. Not a fan of the light woods x "Asian fusion" decor.

Service: Inconsistent - either no smile or overexaggerated and arrogant.

Verdict: As expected, did not live up to its hype for me, although I admit I did like the Chicken & Waffles. Wouldn't mind coming back but would not particularly recommend either. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments